Re: IBIS BIRD64 - Package Model Selector

From: Matthew Flora <mbflora@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 09:29:39 PDT

Dear Arpad,

> An alternate syntax was suggested by Bob Ross during an EMAIL and telephone
> correspondence on 10-25-99. The suggested syntax is identical to the [Model
> Selector] syntax, according to which the [Package Model Selector] would be
> assigned a name that is called by the (higher level) [Package Model]
keyword.
> However, unlike in the [Model Selector] case, there is no need for calling
the
> [Package Model Selector] from a higher level. This BIRD favors the simpler
> vs. the more consistent approach.

I'm afraid I prefer the consistent approach over the "simpler" approach. In
fact, I feel that having the [Package Model Selector] be completely consistent
with [Model Selector] is the simpler approach to use because you won't need to
remember any difference between them.

So, what I'm saying is, I'd like to have the means by which a named [Package
Model Selector] is referenced by a [Model] be by specifying the name of the
[Package Model Selector] in the argument to the [Package Model] keyword in the
[Model].

Regards,
Matthew Flora
Senior Engineer
HyperLynx
(425) 869-2320 PH
(425) 881-1008 FAX
mbflora@hyperlynx.com
14715 NE 95th Street, Suite 200, Redmond, WA 98052 USA