Re: IBIS BIRD64 - Package Model Selector

From: <micohen@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 13:20:12 PDT

Arpad,

The "[Package Model Selector]" keyword idea is great. I agree 100% that
this is needed in the next generation IBIS (IBIS 4.0).

However, I do think that for the corner situations (TYP, MIN, MAX), we need
to have a different keyword or structure. Or do we? I am looking for some
discussion from the IBIS community on this matter. Does it make sense to
use a "typical" package model for all three simulations (MIN, TYP, MAX)?
Does it make sense to use a MIN package model in a MAX simulation?

Regards,
Michael Cohen

IBM Personal Systems Group
Design Tools Department