Forwarded: Jan 12 '96 minutes clarification

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Fri Jan 19 1996 - 09:04:00 PST

Hank:

Thank you for your valuable clarifications. The minutes will be corrected
to refect your comments.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.

From: Herrmann Hank <hank.herrmann@amp.com>
To: "IBIS: Bob Ross" <bob@icx.com>
Cc: Millard Steve <steve.millard@amp.com>,
        Schroeder Jim <jim.schroeder@amp.com>
Subject: Jan 12 '96 minutes clarification
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 96 11:48:00 E

Bob,

I am afraid I may not have been clear enough in my comments about our
multiline connector models. Under the discussion on BIRD31 - CONNECTOR
MODELS, you recorded the following;

      "Hank Herrmann indicated that AMP Spice models have the ground
     references supplied external to the unreference model based on
     connnections and based on actual signal/reference-voltage pin
     assignments."

That could be confusing to many people and I am not even sure what that
means. I hope the following will be more clear.

AMP Multiline SPICE Connector Models do not have any assumed ground
connections. Each multiline model (MLM) provides a portion of the contacts
of a complete connector. For example, a PCMCIA MLM might include 16 columns
x 2 rows (or 32 contacts). Any of those 32 contacts can be used as ground,
power or signal lines. You simply "connect to the model" the way you would
connect to that portion of the actual connector. The model will perform
like the connector would perform.

I submit this to you as a correction to the minutes. You may forward it out
to the reflector if you think that will be helpful.

Regards,

Hank Herrmann
Technical Staff Member
AMP Incorporated, Electro-Magnetic Technology
M.S. 106-14
P.O. Box 3608
Harrisburg, PA 17105-3608

            Phone: 717-986-5534