Re: Ramp rate and Rising/Falling waveform

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Fri Apr 12 1996 - 10:36:00 PDT

Syed:

I believe that [Ramp] dV/dt information extracted from
actual measurements of a packaged part could have the
dt derated in some consistent manner to produce an
effective die dV/dt. Whether this is done depends on
how much the actual package degrades the response.

There may be several methods to do the adjustment. One
well-known rise time degradation approximation is
based on the 10-90% definition of rise time and
to use
           2 2 2
      Tmeas = Tdie + Tpkg

to solve for Tdie from Tmeas and some Tpkg derating risetme.

I do not support extending the [Ramp] definition to
provide any further detail because such detail would be
as complicated as the details needed for [Rising Waveform]
and [Falling Waveform] WITHOUT the corresponding
improved resolution that the Waveform provides. In other
words, there would be a lot of parameters for completeness
without the corresponding increase in accuracy.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.