How to calculate mutual capacitance through multiple layers

From: Hsin-Huei Lin <hsin-huei.lin@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue Oct 24 1995 - 12:30:45 PDT

Hi,
        I need to figure out the mutual capacitance between two nets on a
hybrid design that go through various layers in the substrate. The software
tool I use can only provide the capacitance on a per layer basis. Does
anyone know how I can calculate the total mutual capacitance from the
individual data values? Do I need to include the mutual capacitance between
two layers of the same net and between two layers of two nets? Thank you in
advance for your reply!

Hsin-Huei Lin
Medtronic, Inc.