Re: Battery operated device

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Fri Jul 07 1995 - 17:24:00 PDT

Hsin-Huei Lin:

Here is a brief response to your question. For most devices the IBIS
models have [Voltage Range] for each [Model]. There are often "typ" and
"min" tables. The "min" table represents a slow, weak corner and is
always based on a minimum supply level. So the IBIS "typ" data can
be used for starting operation, and the "min" data for worst case, low
battery operation.

If the "min" data is not defined, the low battery operation can be
approximated by changing the [Voltage Range] "typ" value to a low
voltage value in the IBIS model. The VI curves are relative to the
defined voltages, so changing the voltage automatically shifts the
tables but does not change the shape as an approximation.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.