Quest for IBIS models

From: Greg Edlund <gre@scintl.com>
Date: Thu Feb 09 1995 - 10:50:16 PST

I took a peek into /pub/ibis/models the other day and found only
a small collection of models for Intel's CPUs and chip sets.
Am I correct in assuming that in order to procure IBIS models
for the parts on my board design, I will either have to

a. go to the mfgr's rep, or
b. buy a library from someone like Zeelan?

Have any of you found manufacturers yet who know what IBIS models
are? I'm having a hard time trying to explain what SPICE models
are, much less get them in my greedy hands. And SPICE has been
around a LONG time. I'm just wondering how far we are along the
road toward creating an information exchange which is beneficial
to the engineer and does not give the manufacturer a migraine
and/or keep their lawyers up at night.

Thanks in advance.

--
Greg Edlund                +----+----+    "Years ago my mother would say to me,
Circuits and Modeling      |    |    |    'Elwood-' she always called me Elwood.