To bird or not to bird ...

From: Bob Ward <bward@sugar.NeoSoft.Com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 1994 - 06:05:53 PST

Hey, Ibis guys!

I have been reading the accumulated mail from the past couple of days and see a
thread about whether or not to change the parser for the current sign problem
without a full blown bird. After thinking about it, it would seem a fairly large
departure from "policy" to do that. But since I agree with Kellee that _something
is needed here, how about a stand alone utility to check this until we can fully
hash out a bird? ( Hatch out a bird? ) Seems it should not be too mch harder to
write this than to write the changes into the parser ( He says! ). Just a
thought ... I defer to the group to determine how good a thought it is.

Thanks,