files and such

From: Jon Powell <qdt!sal!jonp@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Fri Mar 04 1994 - 15:45:50 PST

Hey Guys,

When we started defining IBIS the agreement was that IBIS
was a data transmittal mechanism and not a file heirarchy
definition, so all files must be transfered in total with
their complete defining state. We knew this would get
burdensome but the alternative requires a little more that
file names and directories.

we will need A librarian:

someone has to guarantee unique file names and
control revisions, since it is now possible to have old files that
do not work with new files etc.

This may be the right way to go but we are getting into the situation
where we have to impose more structure on the data then we may want.

jonp
quad design