Re: LVDS receivers with internal termination

From: Bob Ross <bob_ross@mentorg.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 17:13:35 PST

Scott:

To add to Kellee's comment, the support of allowing [R Series]
and other series elements connected to pins that are not just
Terminators or NC pins was changed in IBIS Version 3.2. The
current text under the [Series Pin Mapping] keyword, Other Notes
section has this paragraph:

| This mapping covers only the series paths between pins. The
| package parasitics and any other elements such as additional
| capacitance or clamping circuitry are defined by the
| model_name that is referenced in the [Pin] keyword. The
| model_names under the [Pin] keyword that are also referenced
| by the [Series Pin Mapping] keyword may include any legal
| model or reserved model except for Series and Series_switch
| models. Normally the pins will reference a [Model] whose
| Model_type is 'Terminator'. For example, a Series_switch
| model may contain Terminator models on EACH of the pins to
| describe both the capacitance on each pin and some clamping
| circuitry that may exist on each pin. In a similar manner,
| Input, I/O or Output models may exist on each pin of a Series
| model that is serving as a differential termination.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics