about IBIS model's ramp

From: jxz <j07378@huawei.com.cn>
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 23:26:57 PDT

Hi,
    I am a engineer of Huawei company in the city of ShenZhen in China.
    Now I am engaged in PCB signal analysis . I have met many IBIS
models .
    May I ask a question now? Thank you .
    In IBIS model, there are definition of pullup ,pulldown and other
V/I curves . Other parameters such as C_comp and PKG parameters are also

listed. So in my idea, if a driver have these V/I curves and
parameters, when a square wave is input to the driver( it has an a
standard 50 ohm load ), the output wave should be a trapeziform wave.
From this trapeziform wave , we can measure the tr and tf .
    Now I want to ask that though we can measure the tr and tf from the
output waveform, why should we define the ramp parameter in IBIS model?